Larry Wall skribis 2005-04-22  8:42 (-0700):
>     multi sub open ($u of Str where /^http:/, [EMAIL PROTECTED]) returns
> Handle {...}
> Though that would potentially be problematic if you wanted to open
> a file whose name started with "http:"

    open "./http://...";;
    open "file://$CWD/http://...";;

:)

In fact, I'm a big proponent of using URIs instead of filenames where
possible. It can even provide a more portable way of saying
\\sambaserver\share, in smb://sambaserver/share, which can be translated
to whatever the system supports, possibly failing because it's just not
supported.

> I kinda like the IO::All module, except for how it overloads < and >.
>     my $page <== io("http://www.wall.org/~larry";);

"IO" used in this way denies that there's non-stream-based IO too.
Waiting for a certain wire to get shorted is input too, as is writing
directly to graphic memory a form of output.

Juerd