On Sat, 07 May 2005 01:47:08 -0400, Matt Creenan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So here's some random ideas that probably make no sense ($ can be optional.. don't know)

*snip*

That brings me to another idea. Is $_ as an array used? @_?

This relates back to the discussion on topics. Could be use @_ as an array of topics, or was that already proposed?

So you could reference @_ as an indexed array, @_[0] being the current topic, or maybe @_[1] and having @_[0] as the number of topics. Then you could reference %_ as a hashed array, where you give the blockname to get that blocks topic/invocant.

Let's assume that naming blocks was done like such:

        block1 -- for 1..5 {
                block2 -- for 1..3 {

or

        block1 -- for 1..5 {
                block2 -- for 1..3 {
                        say %_<block2> ~ %_<block1>;

I can't remember if barewords are allowed, so pretend I have '' around those blocknames for the hashes if they aren't :)

Also, the block names could then be used for next/last/continue/whatever.

        next block2;

Or maybe my sleeping pills are turning me insane.