On 11/08/05, Brent 'Dax' Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One that you missed was that this syntax:
>
>    my Dog $spot .=new();
>
> Falls out of it quite naturally.

Actually I tried to mention that indirectly, but I'm glad you
explicitly mentioned it.

> On the other hand, there are other things that don't work quite so well:
>
>    my Dog $spot;
>    $spot.can('bark');    # Not until he's instantiated...

Are you objecting to the fact that it can't possibly return a valid
method, or that it will inappropriately true/false (depending on your
point of view)?

> On the gripping hand, maybe you should have to ask the metaclass about
> that anyway:
>
>    $spot.meta.class_can('bark');        #No
>    $spot.meta.instance_can('bark');    #Yes

Yeah, but if we're trying to view (undef but Dog) as the platonic
instance of Dog, it would be nice if told us what the ideal Dog can &
can't do.  (In either case, the metaclass will be able to tell us.)
Something to ponder, I suppose.

Stuart