On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 04:47:49PM +0200, TSa wrote:
> OK, let's play some manual type inferencing ;)

Note that $spot here is intended to be dynamic typed, i.e. not subject
to inference.  :-)

> >    my $spot = Dog;
>
> $spot.does(Item of Dog), that means what ever the name Dog represents
> was stored or bound to $spot.

Right, except $spot can later hold other non-Dog values as well, as it
is dynamically typed by default...

> >    defined($spot);  # false!?
>
> true! Even for my $spot = ::Dog because when my is evaluated the
> name ::Dog has be be bound, AUTOLOADED or by whatever means become
> available.

I agree, with exactly the same logic.  However, Larry somehow thought
that defined(Dog) is false, which should lead defined($spot) is false
as well.  I still can't quite grasp this idea. :)

Thanks,
/Autrijus/