Smylers wrote:
Allison Randal writes:
I keep expecting 'sigspace' to have something to do signatures.

So do I.  How about :litspace for 'literal space'?  Except they aren't
exactly literal, because they only indicate where _some_ space has to
be, not that it has to be exactly that sort of space.

What about :gappy, to indicate that there have to be gaps in the source
text at the points where there are gaps in the pattern?

Or, to borrow a word from a different artistic pursuit, 'negative space'. "Negative space is the space between objects or parts of an object, or around it."

Or, perhaps contextualize the concept to computers as "nullspace".


Reply via email to