On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 03:41:06PM -0600, John Drago wrote:
> I asked this via the Google Groups interface a few weeks ago, but I'm not
> sure if it made it here.
> I am asking again in case the question never made it onto the list.
>
> Has the syntax for synchronized/threaded @things been worked out?
> For example:
>
> class Foo is synchronized {
> }

I don't like the name synchronized -- it implies that multiple things are
happening at the same time, as in synchronized swiming, which is exactly the
opposite of what should be implied.  "Serialized" would be a nice name,
except it implies serializing to a serial format, like disk.  "Locked" is
the best name I can think of, and it frankly isn't that good -- it's so
vauge as to be able to mean almost anything.

(Also, of course, all those /z/ names should have a s/z/s/ version, for
those who speak a z-impared dialect of English.)

      -=- James Mastros