Damian (>), Ruud (>>), Damian (>>>), Carl (>>>>):
> >> But it can hardly be blamed for clarity.
> >
> > That's a little unfair.
>
> "can hardly be blamed" -> "can easily be praised" <g>

Apologies to Carl if I misinterpreted. I read it as:

    "can hardly be blamed for (having) clarity"

;-)

No, yours is the correct interpretation, Damian. Though my sentence is
very open to misinterpretation, as it, too, can hardly be blamed for
clarity.

Furthermore, I agree that the solution worked out by this thread is
good enough not to warrant a separate index mechanism. To me, naming
the variables "$index" and "$value" makes the meaning perfectly clear.

 for @array.kv -> $index, $value {...}

And if anyone still hates .kv's guts, and wants a magic index syntax,
that's probably perfect material for a Perl 6 module with some macro
goodness in it.

I gather that the below syntax should eventually work, too; right now
it doesn't in Pugs. But I guess I ought to brush up my Haskell and
contribute instead of complaining. :-)

 map -> $index, $value { "$index, $value" } <== @array.kv

Scott (>):
Having read this thread, I tend to think you're insane for bringing it
up again :-)

Why thank you sir. Well, one does one's best.

--
masak