On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 12:54:30PM +0000, Luke Palmer wrote:
: On 1/8/07, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: >+    Set       Subset    subset                  .any === X.all
: >+    Set       Superset  superset                .any === X.all
:
: I think these should be reversed.  Since function application is
: commonly read "of", this:
:
:    Set(2,3) ~~ Subset(1,2,3)
:
: is likely to be read as "The set of (2,3) is a subset of (1,2,3)".
: Similarly:
:
:    given $set {
:        when Subset(1,2,3) {...}
:    }
:
: is likely to be read "when it's a subset of (1,2,3)".

Okay, that's two strikes against the type fakery approach, since
we also have confusion with the "subset" declarator.  I think maybe
we should go with .contains and .containedby or some other possibly
shorter synonym.  Or maybe .contains and .exists need to be unified,
though the fact that I can't think of the other direction just
points out the fact that .exists has a poor valence linguistically
for expression subsetness.  Maybe we should change .exists to .contains.
Hmm...

Larry