chromatic wrote:
On Tuesday 10 April 2007 18:51, Shlomi Fish wrote:

(Although it seems the most interesting promises made by parrot - fast
typeless code for example - are not going to be delivered, too).

Hmmm.... I haven't been closely following Parrot.

Despite this mention, this thread is off-topic for the Parrot list,
Though a good chance to clear up a mis-conception. Parrot is not typeless because many of the languages that target Parrot are not typeless. They are *dynamically typed*. Examples of such languages include Perl 6. :-)

For more on types, see the slides from a talk I gave on the subject at YAPC::Europe last year:
http://www.jnthn.net/papers/2006-yapc-eu-types-slides.pdf

Thanks,

Jonathan