On Dec 29, 2007 4:56 PM, Mark J. Reed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> .cgi?  Is that really a CGI-based implementation?  Because that seems
> a little, I don't know, backward-looking.  Maybe it's just me, but it
> seems like it will just feed the all-too-common perception that Perl
> is for CGI scripts, and "real" web apps need to be written in
> something else (be it Java, PHP, Ruby/Rails, whatever).
>
> Besides, I hope that the language and wiki will be successful enough
> that a cgi-based implementation will completely fail to scale to meet
> demand. :)

Maybe the site maintainers could add an Apache rewrite rule
so the URLs used by the public will be

   http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl6/index.p6
and
   http://www.perlfoundation.org/parrot/index.parrot

That would change the perception and we would not need to explain
about mod_perl running the .cgi scripts at the rate 100-200 faster
than good old CGI.

When asked if they really run on Perl 6 and Parrot we could just smile...

Gabor