On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:19 PM, Geoffrey Broadwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Someone earlier in this thread mentioned that this can't be done
> directly because of rules surrounding TPF's non-profit status.

That someone was me and that's not what I said.  I said it isn't as simple
as Bob saying I want to pay Sue to work on this widget and having TPF broker
the deal.  I won't pretend to understand all the intricacies.  I said it is
frustrating, as someone willing to donate money, that I can't just say give
it to Sue please.

> case).  But if that is really the way of things, can TPF go the Mozilla
> route to break the logjam?  Tax incentives are great, but having piles
> of money sitting around not getting to hackers is clearly not working
> for us.

There are grants that are being awarded.  Those grants are getting things
done (thanks for the progress on the PDDs Al).  I am in no way suggesting
that people not donate to TPF.  I have in the past and I might in the
future.  I also help them out in other ways, by writing code for small
projects that they need done.

I am only suggesting that, for the specific purposes of this thread, going
the TPF route may not be the most efficient way to accomplish that goal.

Cheers,
Joshua Gatcomb
a.k.a. Limbic~Region