On 30 Mar 2008 16:35:56 -0000, John M. Dlugosz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm reading S02.pod with version information:
>   Last Modified: 17 Mar 2008
>   Number: 2
>   Version: 130
>
>  Meta-question 1: what is the succinct way to report this?  Is the "Version
> 130" enough?

The SVN revision number is sufficient. By default we're just
pretending that we're referring to "the svn head".

>  3: I copied the file from <http://svn.perl.org/perl6/doc/trunk/design/syn/>
> which I'm told is the up-to-date home.  When I ran pod2html, I got a warning
> that 'encoding' is an unknown directive, and also see that the HTML title is
> simply "TITLE".  Do I need a special version of pod2html, or how do I run it
> properly?

IMHO pod2html is old and broken in various ways. I think you should
use the tools provided by Pod::Simple instead. For the Synopses on
feather, we're using the podhtml.pl script (based on
Pod::Simple::HTML):

    http://svn.pugscode.org/pugs/util/podhtm.pl

Hopefully you may find it useful :)

Cheers,