On 2008 Sep 24, at 17:45, David Green wrote:
On 2008-Sep-23, at 5:27 pm, Michael G Schwern wrote:
David Green wrote:
Happily, brevity often aids clarity. The rest of the time, it should be up to one's editor; any editor worth its salt ought to easily auto-complete "ro" into "readonly".

Eeep! The "your IDE should write your verbose code for you" argument! For that one, I brine and roast an adorable hamster.

Fair enough.  As long as you remember to share with the rest of us!!

I would argue that if you need your editor to expand verbose language constructs to make the language usable or to express common idioms, then the language has a design deficiency.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [EMAIL PROTECTED]