On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 07:19:31PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
: S06:2362 says:
:
:     You can get the current routine name by calling C<&?ROUTINE.name>.
:     (The outermost routine at a file-scoped compilation unit is always
:     named C<&MAIN> in the file's package.)
:
: Is this the same MAIN that is described later in
: "Declaring a MAIN subroutine"?  It seems like that
: section describes MAIN subroutines that are lexically
: nested within the mainline code of the outermost
: file-scoped compilation unit, and it seems a little
: confusing if both are called MAIN.
:
: I'm guessing that the statement at S06:2362 is an artifact of
: an earlier draft that didn't have the section on MAIN subroutines,
: but I'm wanting to verify that this is the case (or seek further
: clarification if it isn't).

That's correct.  We could fix it two ways.  Either the mainline code
gets a consistent new name, or the outermost scope is redefined to an INIT
if there is a user-defined MAIN.  I can argue it both ways.

Larry