Damian:
> While I'm all in favour of other languages using Pod as a documentation
> format,
> I think that's unlikely. Pod says that anything of the form:
>
>                       =identfiier
>
> *anywhere* as the first non-whitespace of a line, is considered a Pod
> directive.
> I can't see many other language designers being willing to limit their
> assignment statements that way.

Hmm. I was thinking Pod would be parsed by a P6/PGE grammar, one that
could be relatively easily edited/extended to suit another context, because,
I thought, it could then be made available as a stock --doc subsystem that
all PCT based languages get more or less for free.

>> Having to use aliases at all to refer
>> to things that the Perl 6 compiler already has a name for seems like
>> an ugly/heavyweight/suboptimal approach.
>
> I think aliases are essential.

Ok.

> We need a way of referring to ambient code within Pod, without the
> Podder having to write more code to get it.

I was thinking it would be possible to reference (compiler) variables
representing eg. the name and sig of a block being parsed, or a block
or declaration which has just been parsed, or which is just about to be
parsed, and that simply referencing these variables would be ok and
would save the need to create explicit named anchors.

--
love, raiph