I recommend not to open this up for 6.0.0 core.  Calendar conversion
is easy to do in a module, and the Date class has an absolute day
count, which is really all you need everything for an intermediate
representation.   It wouldn't be hard to port Calendrica, for
instance.

Also, the difference between the secular and religious calendars in
Russia is not fixed.  It's currently 13 days, but only since 1900,
before which it was 12 days, and after 2100 it will be 14 days.
Calendar conversion can be tricky - which is another reason to leave
it out of core.  IMO.

--
Mark J. Reed <markjr...@gmail.com>