Jon (>):
> Here's my proposal for how to handle dimensionality in Perl 6:
>
> [...]
>
> Thoughts?

The idea has come up before, everyone thinks that Perl 6 and unit
handling are a good fit for each other, and we're basically waiting
for someone to write such a module. Incidentally, your phrase "a
complication that we needn't deal with up front" is exactly why
there's no pressing need to put this in Perl 6 "core" (fsvo "core").

See also the Physical::Unit example in a blog post of mine, for an
example of how postfix ops can be used to mark the units:

<http://strangelyconsistent.org/blog/6-builtins-in-perl-6-that-you-never-knew-you-needed>

// Carl