On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Jon Lang <datawea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Buddha Buck wrote:
>> I don't think a Num is necessary, but I could see a Rat.
>
> As is, is Duration implemented by means of a Num, or a Rat?  Whichever
> it is, that's the type that the difference of two Instances would
> return (properly tagged with seconds, of course).

Clarification:  I didn't mean to imply that a Rat would be sufficient
for Duration, but rather that it would probably suffice for
dimensioned values to have a RatBag of units, each with a RatBag of
dimensions, rather than NumBags.  SBags might be too restrictive.

(sent both publicly and privately on the first try, this time)