It proved a point. The point was, you said that there was no such thing, then
turned right around and gave it a name with the complete realization that the
problem exists, and where.

Again, this is a valid licensing concern, do not turn it into a pro- or con-
ActiveState rant. My intention in using "Company X" is to not turn the
licensing issue into a public brawl. If AS can do it, anybody can. As I recall,
Microsoft is taking more than a casual interest in this language, and it isn't
as well protected as Java was. In fact, Microsoft is investing substantial
funds into this free software, contrary to its publically admitted goals
(remember Halloween). Is it paranoia or prudence to seek to protect this
language from a company who is laughing at the 70+ anti-trust lawsuits against
it, copyright infringements, and outright theft? It's isn't just a possibility
that this potential threat could become a reality, it's a clear deduction based
on reading the newspaper and court transcripts. Since Perl is ASP's and VBS's
most powerful enemy, what possible reason would Microsoft have for spending
millions in the Perl sphere? The benefit of customers? Muahahaha.

The issue remains, if it's perl, it's redistributable. If it isn't
redistributable, it isn't perl. You can't take my baby and claim he's yours
just because you slightly alter his name and change his hair color. Please
address the issue only.