Russ Allbery <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Perhaps we want a Perl Manifesto that lays out our base goals in plain
> English, separate from any licensing scheme.

FWIW, I tried to at least state the goals in plain English of the *Artistic
License only* in the Preamble of proposed AL-2.0.  Of course, that's only
half the manifesto, since we choose a dual license.

I don't know if the Preamble I wrote if perfect, because I got very little
feedback on it, and all the RFCs this group submitted.  Those last two weeks
before RFC's were due, the traffic on this list was basically dead, except
for me posting revisions of RFCs.  I hope that I properly caught the spirit
of the consensus properly, but without feedback, that was a hard job.

--
Bradley M. Kuhn  -  http://www.ebb.org/bkuhn

PGP signature