"David Grove" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>"Ben Tilly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  > I either was misinformed or misremembered a conversation
>  > from last Fall.  Sarathy pointed out to me that David
>  > Grove not only was not working at ActiveState when 5.6.0
>  > came out, Sarathy does not think that David was working
>  > there when Sarathy came on board in 1998.
>  >
>  > My apologies for having repeated this misunderstanding
>  > of mine in:
>  >
>  > http://archive.develooper.com/perl6-licenses%40perl.org/msg00293.html
>
>This is correct. I left a few months after the release of 5.005. As for
>why Sarathy keeps insisting that we never worked there at the same time, I
>have no idea. We did overlap as far as I know for about two or three
>months, but only spoke in a couple of brief emails. I don't believe that
>it matters, and I know that it doesn't have anything to do with this
>forum. I have already addressed your other misconceptions from the message
>you referenced.

Sarathy did not insist.  He just said that he does not
remember that you were working there, but said that
you were offsite so he just might not remember you.

>I'm very curious to know what prompted this "public apology", but you
>should take it to private for any further discussion.

Sarathy sent me an email, pointed out the factual
error, and said he would appreciate a public apology
for the mistake.  Which I did.  I hate getting my
facts scrambled.  And which I would do for anyone
who pointed out a mistake of mine.

And to explain why this forum, this is where I made
the mistake.  How better to make sure that the
people who saw the original were aware that I had
got my facts scrambled?

Ben