Michael G Schwern wrote:

> All these techniques have their strengths and weaknesses which I'm
> sure we're all aware of (and this is the wrong place to debate them).
> What I'm concerned is that Perl 6 has a clean, reliable, free and
> straightforward way(s) to use Perl without perl.  How clean, reliable,
> free and straightforward?  About the same order of magnitude as
> releasing a module is at the moment.  If this involves a Makemaker
> style installation harness for programs, fine.  If it merely involves
> better documentation of the process, that's fine, too.
>
> Just wanted to plant that nugget in everyone's brain.  Perl without
> perl, make it work.

RFC 121 suggests this additional method of delivering a binary of
deliverme.pl

        perl -o deliverme.o deliverme.pl
        ld deliverme.o -o deliverme

Of course nobody discussed 121 much because it is somewhat of a pie-in-the-sky.

--
                          David Nicol 816.235.1187 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       Accept no substitutes, insist on Genuine Original Snake Oil