On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 04:56:31PM -0500, David L. Nicol wrote:
> John Porter wrote:
>
> > I have heard (via a presumably reliable source) that MicroS..t has
> > contracted Corel to port C# to linux.
>

> It will be a binary-only port that only runs on strongarm processors

There is a GPL arm chip emulator, but I'm told that currently it doesn't
do the StrongARM instructions. [IIRC there's not that many new
instructions added for StrongARM, and not that many since ARM2]
Not that you really want to be running a virtual machine on a virtual
processor if speed is your goal.

(Certainly I seem to do OK only knowing ARM2 instructions well. And
I suspect personally I'd prefer to write in ARM assembler than C#)

Nicholas Clark (typing this on a StrongARM machine running linux)