David Grove <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Unless Perl 6 is capable of parsing and running that 99.9% (or higher)
> of Perl 5 scripts originally foretold, I foresee a far worse outcome for
> Perl 6 than has happened for an almost universally rejected 5.6 and
> 5.6.1.

Most people don't adopt .0 releases.  5.6.1 was just released.  Most of us
who maintain large software deployments have a lag time of *at least* six
months for picking up a new release of software.

I know you like preaching doom and gloom, David, but you're several
parsecs displaced from reality here.  (And Perl 5.6.0 has been in Debian
testing for a while, for that matter.)

--
Russ Allbery ([EMAIL PROTECTED])             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>