Michael G Schwern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 05:29:53PM -0500, Elaine -HFB- Ashton wrote:
> > Not all OS, though most, have Perl in the base install and those that do
> > even have problems. Config.pm has issues on HP and Sun, RedHat has spotty
> > RPMs that occsaionally go awry.
>
> That's their fault.  Find a better distribution.

Or send suggestions on how to make it better.  Send them to me if need
be.  If you want better Red Hat RPMs, send feedback.  If you've sent
feedback, give me a URL and I'll see what I can do to improve the
situation.  I've had issues with our mod_perl and apache RPMs, but the
perl RPMs are pretty good.  Combined with /usr/lib/rpm/cpanflute for
turning cpan tarballs into RPMs, it works pretty well, in my
experience.  I used to compile from scratch, but once I started
working with RPM and not against it, I had good success.

Chip

--
Chip Turner                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]