The standard C++ vector<> container is almost perfect for use in Perl
arrays and the data stack.  But it has a major weakness...  It's _so_
general that it doesn't use memcpy() [or moral equivalent] when it has
to grow.  Instead, it uses copy constructors in a loop.  That could be
a major performance issue with vector<Counted_p<T>>.

Now, I could write a vector<> -- it's not that hard, as C++ goes --
but I'm wondering if anyone has a lead on such a thing already, and/or
library(ies) of such handy classes.
--
Chip Salzenberg              - a.k.a. -              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>