17/09/06, Juerd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> skribis:
This is a very strict language, though, as it is based on XML.
A document is either valid and unambiguous, or completely invalid.

Just like any programming language should be. And the XHTML rules are
quite reasonable. In practice *all* browsers effectively encourage
developers not to follow the strict standard, by allowing invalid
HTML. I usually browse the web with Firefox and HTML-Tidy extension,
and see very few sites that conform to any w3c standard.

Because of this, XHTML needs to be a conscious choice, and never the
default.

WordPress is an example of a webserver software tool that does try to
produce standard XHTML. It does it by default and very few bloggers
who use it care about it or, for that matter, notice it.
FuturisticPerl6WebPackage.pm should be like that too. I see no reason
that autogenerated code won't conform to standard XHTML. Every
deviation from standards and XML well-formedness should produce a
warning.

Wishful thinking: FuturisticPerl6WebPackage.pm could have
functionality that will output XHTML that adheres to both the
w3c-standard and the defacto-standard (warning about tags that only
works in certain browsers etc.) It might make it easier for developers
to test their sites on several browsers and platforms.