Suppose I want a 'when' clause to fire when the test is *not* met. What syntax should be used?

So how would I do

my $x = 'abced';
given $x {
when ! /<digit>/ {say 'this does not contain a digit'} # this does not work
}

Since the ~~ operator is implied in the when, how do we get an implied !~~ operator?

By analogy with the
if/unless and while/until pairs, perhaps there should be an inverse for 'when'.

I cant think of an immediate opposite to 'when', but how about
although, yet, except, howbeit

Perhaps (less elegant): when not, elided to 'whent'

English doesnt seem to have a word that fits the opposite of
'when' <condition> <do this>
In other words something that would substitute for
'when the following is not true' <condition> <do this>