On Sat, Jan 10, 2015 at 7:57 PM, <t...@wakelift.de> wrote:

> That happens because the result of the for statement is a list that is
> then sunk; it contains one scalar and one Int object for each iteration
> and rakudo doesn't yet know to throw it away immediately.

The problem happens even without the internal $x variable, but my main
problem
is that this means the web application running the Perl6Maven.com site
fills the memory
after just a few requests.

A quick check seems to indicated that while-loops don't have the same
memory leak,
but before I run and rewrite every for loop into a while-loop, it would be
nice to know
if there are other parts of the language that are leaking memory?

regards
  Gabor