I notice that module Net::SMTP is on the most wanted list and shown as
a WIP. However, on a lark I decided to try:

  $ panda install Net::SMTP

and all the dependencies were fetched, built, tested, and installed.
Finally, Net::SMTP was fetched, built, and then failed testing.

My questions are:

1. Why is Net::SMTP available in the ecosystem if it is still a WIP
(and doesn't pass testing)?

2. Is there a standard way to build, test, and install a WIP module
(or any local module in its own source directory) when panda doesn't
recognize it and there are no local INSTALL instructions (except panda
commands that may or may not work)?l

Thanks and best regards,

-Tom