That is really lovely. I don’t know what criteria are used for Rosetta
Code, but the article’s implementation is the clearest “program as concrete
explication of algorithm” I’ve ever seen. It took me *years* to understand
RSA’s internals to the point that I could explain it if asked to in an
interview, but I suspect if I’d had that code as my example I’d have just
gotten it.

It’s hard for me to be certain because I *do* know the algorithm now, of
course. But from Damian’s YAPC keynote and looking at the primality tests
and whatnot, I suspect my intuition is right—but for the hyperoperators,
which are certainly a bit difficult for folks who haven’t done much
functional programming or MapReduce-type programming, Perl 6 is some of the
niftiest pseudocode I’ve ever seen. That it *runs* is just gravy. :-)

​