On 09/11/2018 03:30 AM, JJ Merelo wrote:
Also, "is no help whatsoever" is no help whatsoever. Saying what part of it is not clear enough, or could be explained better, is.

Well now,

>  method ($a: @b, %c) {};       # first argument is the invocant

1) why is it a "method" and not a "function"?

1-1/2) why is there a color after a$?  What happens to $a?

2) What is an "invocant"?  Does it mean I can access it
   by placing it after something with a dot?  Sort of
   like
        contains("abc", "b")
        "abc".contians("b")

3) What makes the "invocant" special over the other second
   and third parameters?

> class Foo {

4) I see no class called "Foo" over on
   https://docs.perl6.org/type.html

5) Are they creating a new class?  If so, why?

6) where is @b and %c?

>        "Well I'm class $me.^name(), of course!"

7) why is there a caret in front of "name"?

>    }
>  }
>

>  say Foo.whoami; # OUTPUT: «Well I'm class Foo, of course!␤»

8) no clue how they got there

JJ, have you ever used Perl 5's perldocs?  They are a bazillion
times easier to understand than Perl 6's.

Thank you for the help with this?

-T