On 09/11/2018 05:05 AM, Simon Proctor wrote:
Please note the Perl5 docs have had decades of people working on them the Perl6 ones.... less so. There's bound to be some difference in scope.

Hi Simon,

That you for the tutorial.  I have it tagged to read over again
really SSSLLLOOOWWLY

As for P5's and P6's documentation, I don't think it is a case of
not having a lot of time to refine things.  I think it is
difference in approach:  I think P6's expects the reader
to have developer level knowledge and P5 tries explain how
to use the function in simple terms that common users
can understand.

As I figure things out, I write my own notes.  I am closing
in on 200 of them now.  I hit them all the time.  After
a while, things sink in and I don't have to look.

After my first attempt at improving "contains" description,
I am not sure it is worth the effort.  It is my impression
that those maintaining these references will not budge.

-T