On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 11:18 AM ToddAndMargo via perl6-users <perl6-users@perl.org <mailto:perl6-users@perl.org>> wrote:

    Hi All,

           if  $StdOut  { $ReturnStr = $$proc.out.slurp-rest; }

    gives me

           Malformed UTF-8

    How do I clean up $$proc.out.slurp-rest ??

    Many thanks,
    -T

On 10/13/18 7:19 AM, Ralph Mellor wrote:
Why are you asking about cleaning something up?

Is it because you thought `Malformed UTF-8` was an error message?

If so, great, because it IS an error message.

If not, you need to know that Malformed UTF-8 is an error
message and we need to think about how to make that more clear.

So that's the first thing to sort out.

Did you realize that Malformed UTF-8 was an error message?

--
raiph

Hi Raiph,

   My goal was to get rid of the error.  By clean up,
I wanted to clean up the data so it would not throw
the error.  Sorry for the misunderstanding

-T