On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 11:38:01 -0800
Darren Duncan <dar...@darrenduncan.net> wrote:

> On 2020-01-06 1:18 a.m., Patrick Spek via perl6-users wrote:
> > On Sun, 5 Jan 2020 18:27:01 -0800 Darren Duncan wrote:
> >
> >> The normal Rakudo Star releases so far are compiled, [...]
> >
> > For Mac and Windows, perhaps, but the release is similar as it
> > always was for GNU+Linux. And I'm mostly aiming for that since
> > that's what I use (and also what I can test). Hence, I need people
> > to verify they can make binaries for Windows and Mac (and actually
> > do it as well) before I can continue.
> >
> >> If your version requires users to run a Makefile or make or cc or
> >> whatever or have a working C compiler, then it is a source release
> >> and not the same thing.
> >
> > I never intended to make a "binary" release. I intended to make a
> > Rakudo Star release, and I personally don't care if that'd be a
> > binary or source. In the case of GNU+Linux, it's a source release.
>
> As long as we know what to expect.  So it sounds like you're just
> making a single source release of Rakudo Star that users of any
> operating system would compile themselves, and not separate
> Linux/Mac/Win versions as had been the case before.  In that case, I
> can do basic build testing on MacOS for you.  I would just try
> following the same instructions as Linux users more or less. --
> Darren Duncan

Any additional testing is very much appreciated! I'd like to have
someone that can generate a .dmg as well if possible, though, so we can
continue to deliver some form of binary variant for mac users.

--
With kind regards,

Patrick Spek

www:  https://www.tyil.nl/
mail: p.s...@tyil.nl
pgp:  1660 F6A2 DFA7 5347 322A  4DC0 7A6A C285 E2D9 8827

social: https://soc.fglt.nl/tyil
git:    https://gitlab.com/tyil/