Hi,

If you allow me to jump in.

I have used scores of programming languages. For me, raku (as it is now called) is the language to go to if I need a serious textual analysis of any kind. The design aspect of the language that I rely on heavily is the Grammar class, which so fundamentally augments the notion of regular expression that it allows me to make transformations of data that would be very much harder in other languages.

Other people will have other motivations, I am sure.

good luck,
Theo van den Heuvel