On 10/14/22 11:39 AM, Parrot Raiser wrote:
The cause of the problem may well need to be fixed for other reasons,
but re-purposing an almost universal operator like "!" ("not") sounds
like a thoroughly bad idea, the route to non-standard code.

If you must have a factorial operator, what's wrong with defining "Fact"?

! meaning 'not' is a prefix operator. ! meaning factorial is a postfix operator. So, the two can co-exist.

Actually, I did create a factorial() sub, but that didn't get me out of my present predicament. It works as expected when invoked from the command line. However, when invoked from a test script (or the REPL) the error message is "Undeclared routine".

Regards,

Joe