All-

I've just reviewed the status of the bug and feature request trackers at
the PDL site on sf.net:

  http://sourceforge.net/p/pdl/bugs/
  http://sourceforge.net/p/pdl/feature-requests/

I found a number of bug tickets that had already been fixed and determined
that there are a fair number of tickets that are either low hanging fruit
or already fixed but need to be verified to close.

I had hoped that the 64bit support could have been finished by now but lack
of developers to debug the final issue and time for me to get back to it,
has it still in limbo.  We have a number of nice improvements in the hopper
already and it has been a little more than a year since PDL-2.007.

I propose we make a bug fix/clean up/... release of PDL-2.008 for January
2015---regardless of whether the remaining 64bit index support is
finished.  I encourage all users and developers to take this opportunity to
take a look at the outstanding bugs and close them.  There are a number of
feature requests that relate to some items such as improved PDL docs
handling that could also be addressed for this release.

And, of course, I would love some assistance to finish the implementation
debugging for the PDL-2.x 64bit index support.  :-)

As always, thoughts and suggestions welcome!
Chris