From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nigel Greenwood
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 12:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [farsiweb] Persian input with US/European keyboard

Connie Bobroff of Wahington University has kindly suggested that I bring our ScriptMaster software products PerScript and PerScribe to the attention of list members who would like to type Farsi using a US/European OS.

For most users, particularly those with Windows XP or Windows 2000, **PerScript** is more appropriate.  It allows you to type (more or less!) phonetically right-to-left in a text box.  The [Unicode] Persian text can then be saved as HTML or, if your system has Farsi-language support, pasted into Word for further processing.  For more details and an online demo, please see:

   http://www.elgin.free-online.co.uk/perscript.htm

If you are running Windows 98 you can still use PerScript to generate HTML -- but you won't be able to use Word (for example, Word 97) for further processing.  If you really want to produce a Persian document in Word you will have to use our other product, **PerScribe**, which is a bit more complicated and in effect "tricks" Word into displaying Persian correctly. The .doc file will print out correctly, but may look strange if viewed with a WXP/W2K system.  For details, please see:

   http://www.elgin.free-online.co.uk/perscribe.htm

I would be happy to answer any questions about these programs.

Nigel