For those who have become interested:

Here is the article itself:

And the first paragraph:

MICHAEL EVERSON, a 40-year-old typographer who lives in
Dublin, considers himself blessed because he has found his
life's work: to be an alphabetician to all the peoples of
the world. Mr. Everson's largest project to date - a
contribution to a new version of Unicode 4.0, an
international standard for computerizing text - is
cementing his reputation.

behdad

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, it was written: