On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Payam Poursaied wrote:

> would someone please help me to create persian font footnote? [MS word]
> in the body of text, it is displayed by persian digits, but in the
> footnote section it appears in latin digits

Payam,
This is a bug but I can think of two solutions for now.

If you have gobs of footnotes, go into the control panel and globally
change all your digits to Iran style. (See archives for exact method,
someone just 2-3 days ago asked about page numbers and it came up in that
discussion.) When you're done with the document, change system back to
whatever you had before.

Or,

If you have only a few footnotes, just choose SYMBOL when it prompts you
for what kind of style of footnotes you want.  You can select font (for
example Tahoma) and fontsize and then the "symbol" which in this case is
actually a number.  Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to align it on
the right margin.

There may be other, equally non-standard methods, of course.

-Connie