On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 09:39, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Don't be hasty.  Leave some unused for later when we encode new
> characters ;).

That is supposed to happen, actually. The Persian Academy is starting a
project to define the repretoire of characters used in Persian, and
recommendations for their usage and shape ("Should guillemets be round
or they're allowed to be sharp? What should one do if she want a
quotation inside another?"). My guess is that they will have about five
characters already in Unicode but not on the keyboard yet (which they'll
ask to be added), and about 10 rarely-used characters for encoding in
Unicode.

roozbeh