On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 18:03, Ordak D. Coward wrote:

> Behdad, does Unicode consortium provide a search collation table in
> addition to the collation table used for sorting? Or can the same
> table be used for this seach purposes as well?

Well, I'm not Behdad, but I guess I have some answers.

The first answer is: no, the Unicode Consortium doesn't provide any
collation table for sorting. The second answer is: Yes, you can use the
same table for searching. For example, you can use the data to ignore
secondary and tertiary differences in you string comparison for a loose
matching. But please note that the table is just there for the cases
that you don't know anything about the locale. For Persian, the table
needs to be tailored heavily.

roozbeh