On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 09:53, C Bobroff wrote:
> For making documents to print on paper or to be used as graphics, your
> best bet is still Borna Rayaneh:
> http://www.bornaray.com/en_fonts.asp?fn=per_fonts&rfn=en_fonts&parent=fontslist&Grand=Main

I really believe that the current FarsiWeb fonts are much better than
Borna ones in standards conformance and quality. The variety is less, of
course.

> Note: these fonts are in the beta-testing stage and are not
> perfect yet even though the Farsiweb staff has hundreds of thousands of
> staff members on the job. (Just kidding, I think there are 2 or 3 people
> total??)

Less than that. Staff were working on that, but the fonts will not be
changed much more. Apart from fixing bugs (that Behnam Esfahbod and I
will do), there is some legal cleanup, adding history, etc.

> The greatest mystery of all: How can it be that the Iranian community in
> the United States which is the richest and most prosperous immigrant
> community of all has not bothered to get together and have a proper
> Persian font made and instead are waiting for Microsoft to provide it?

Maybe them not spending for such projects has made them the richest? ;)

roozbeh