UNL is name of a big project. It's goal is automatic translation of texts from/to all languages with an UNL en-convertor/de-convertor. You can think of it as Unicode of Languages. In UNL, there is a concept named "Universal Word", which is very similar to what you want to build at http://www.fdicts.com/

But, UNL is not open at all. In order to participate in this project, you should sign and physically send two copy of their licences to somewhere in Tokyo, and then, they sign them and re-send one of those copies to you. After that you'll be able to download their tools and make your languages en-convertor and de-convertor. But, all of your products will belong to them, according to their licences (something like MPL).

For more information see: http://www.undl.org/unlsys/

About Persian dictionary, it seems, there is no free authorized Persian to X dictionary. We had a long discussion about this on PersianComputing. However I think, you can acquire an unauthorized but complete version of an English to Persian dictionary from one of these guys. So I cced this mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] too.

Sincerely
--Mehran Mehr

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello

we do not know unl systems. What exactly does it do? (describe in
simple words so mortals can understand it).

Yes we would like to add Persian. We need some Persian free
dictionary and Persian will be available. I have one Persian
Czech but I cannot check if it is OK so I am a bit afraid to add
it. Can you find free English-Persian?

Yours sincerely

Zdenek Broz