On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 07:16:22PM +0430, khazaee wrote:
> Hello All.
> I install icu library from source "icu-3.2.tgz" as i read from
> readme.html file in source tree.
> and i put this library in /usr/local/icu directory.( ./configure
> --prefix=/usr/local/icu)

> i use some unicode functions in my program like u_strcpy,u_strlen and ....
> and compile the program :
> gcc  -I /usr/local/icu/include/unicode -L /usr/local/icu/lib -licuio
> myprog.c -o myprog
> its execute without any errors.
>
> but when i execute the binary program :
> ./myprog
>
> this error appears:
> error while loading shared libraries: libicuio.so.32: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> althout i see this library(libicuio.so.32) in the install directory.

I do not use icu, so I don't even know if this is the app which you've
gotten or the lib. Let's assume that it's a lib.

Briefly put, you seem to need to set $LD_LIBRARY_PATH eg
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/icu/lib

IOW, you had specified the link-time path, not the runtime path. IIRC
use of '-R' instead of -- or in addition to -- '-L' may have helped.
Or using libtool, or ....

later,
ali
--
                     Single State Solution
     Israeli Citizenship & Democratic Rights For All in Gaza & West Bank