I found an archived e-mail from this list (Dec 14 2004) from Dr Manooch Azmoodeh with the exact same problem I have about wanting to convert ParsNegar to Unicode.

I have some documents written using the ParsNegar program that I would like to convert to Unicode, however I'm having a heck of a time doing it.  I've completed my translation table but figuring out the byte order to comply with the Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm is driving me nuts!  Is it possible someone has made such a conversion that I could use?  For some reason I can't find a single tool for encoding bidirectional Unicode.  I've found text editors that do it so it can't be that hard, but I'm just not having any luck.

Ken Horan