The Point Source product is at a lower concentration than Gentrol
used from a concentrate bottle and mixed for application.

On Thu, 3
Nov 2011 11:15:16 -0400, Anderson, Gretchen wrote:

> This is a message
from the Museumpests List.
pestlist@museumpests.net
> To unsubscribe please look at the footer of
this email.

> I am
currently testing Gentrol Point Source on an isolated population of
webbing clothes moths - this is the version that comes in a little disc-
and is not directly applied through spray or other methods. This has
been in closed containers. The preliminary results are positive. No
critters have been seen moving.

> Gretchen Anderson

Conservator

-------------------------

[mailto:ad...@museumpests.net] ON BEHALF OF Denise Migdail
> SENT:
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 2:54 PM
> TO: pestlist@museumpests.net

SUBJECT: [pestlist] Webbing Clothes Moths and Gentrol?

> This is a
message from the Museumpests List.
> To post to this list send it as an
email to pestlist@museumpests.net
> To unsubscribe please look at the
footer of this email.

> After
tracking and mapping webbing clothes moths for several months, we have
pinpointed our elevator shaft as a primary source. It housed a gradual
build up of debris from eight years of service, which when inspected did
contain larvae. We are now looking at having the elevator shaft floor
thoroughly cleaned and sprayed. Our facilities provider has suggested
using Gentrol, but we have only found it referenced with regards to
beetles in the literature. Any comments on the efficacy of Gentrol for
webbing clothes moths would be appreciated. We are also considering
using an insecticide/desiccant combination - such as PyGanic, or Alpine
Dust (two suggested by our facility providers).

> Denise Migdail

Textile Conservator
> AsianArt Museum
> 200 Larkin Street
> San
Francisco, CA 94102

> You are receiving the Pestlist
emails in standard mode.
to imail...@museumpests.net with this command in the body:

> set mode
digest pestlist

l...@zaks.com
> The information contained in this message and/or
attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in
error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system
and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of
the individual sender. ­­

--
-----------
Please consider the

Louis N. Sorkin,
B.C.E.
Entomology Section
Division of Invertebrate Zoology
American
Museum of Natural History
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, NY
10024-5192

phone: 212-769-5613
fax: 212-769-5277
email:
sor...@amnh.org

The New York Entomological Society, Inc.
email:
n...@amnh.org
web: www.nyentsoc.org
Online journal from 2001