From: pestlist-ow...@museumpests.net [mailto:pestlist-ow...@museumpests.net] On
Behalf Of Cara Kuball
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 10:29 AM
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Subject: [pestlist] mothballs

This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To post to this list send it as an email to
pestlist@museumpests.net<mailto:pestlist@museumpests.net>
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.
Hello all,

I am looking for recommendations of literature about the safe removal of
mothball residue and scent (I do not have any information about the exact
chemical or product used; I am simply faced with some artifacts with VERY
strong scent of mothballs). All I can gather is that PPE and fume hood will be
required for work on the objects, but I am wondering in particular if there is
a way to significantly reduce-or remove, ideally-the scent and residue so that
objects are safe to display in public areas and with other art objects.

Please reply with any suggestions you might have!
Thank you kindly.

Best,
Cara

--

Cara Kuball
Collections Manager for Preventive Conservation