This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.

Hi Hazra
It's a bit hard to say with mould. Some mould attacks can spread very
quickly, but it depends on the conditions (i.e. heat and rh), the material
being stored, the mould type and how much mould is present.
Given the urgency of your problem freezing is a good way to go, but maybe
you could use barrier bags (the ones we use for low oxygen work) instead of
PE for freezing? The benefits are the conditions inside the bag won't
fluctuate like they can in PE bags and the barrier properties prevent most
pests from finding the bagged items (e.g. silverfish). Barrier bags come in
a range of pre-fab sizes - check with Jerry Shiner at Keepsafe for sizes,
etc.
If the storage area is high in humidity then you might want to consider
placing a desiccant or buffer in the bags before you seal them?
Best wishes
Alex

*Alex Roach*
*Director*